Why a Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Education Provider™ program?
The Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Education Provider™ (PEP™) is a program born out of the need for quality, global education/continued learning in the field of point-of-care ultrasound. While the Point-of-Care Certification Academy™ specializes in evaluating and certifying POCUS skills, we strive to collaborate with others in the shared mission of improving global health through the use of handheld ultrasound. To this end, education is critical. Since most healthcare professionals interested in point-of-care ultrasound are seeking the proper education and training needed in order to successfully earn POCUS Certificates and Certifications, this is an initial step in the solution process.
- We anticipate limited spaces for additional organizations interested in being registered POCUS Education Providers. (See form below.)
- As the PEP program evolves, we would like to be able to offer a truly global list of PEPs in a variety of languages to meet the needs of all those interested in learning point-of-care ultrasound.
What is the POCUS Education Provider program?
The Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Education Provider program is a solution for medical professionals seeking quality, professional education and training in the fast-growing field of point-of-care ultrasound. POCUS Education Providers go through a vetting and approval process by the esteemed members of the Point-of-Care Ultrasound Certification Academy Committee. This is another way we strive to support the POCUS community and provide easy access to those interested in furthering their education in this life-changing technology.
Point-of-Care Ultrasound Certification Academy approved POCUS Education Providers will be provided with a seal identifying them as a registered program provider.
Registered POCUS Education Providers
What began eight years ago with a webcam, a canvas serving as a simple backdrop, and a passion for teaching echocardiography has evolved into the global No.1 platform for learning medical ultrasound and echocardiography.Learn more
7D imaging works with industry leading professionals to create tools and training that make ultrasound more accessible for everyday healthcare providers like you. So you can leave the referral paperwork behind and get back to doing what you went into medicine to do: Help people and save lives.Learn more
Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute
Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute is the most comprehensive, accredited resource for live and online diagnostic ultrasound training and CME.Learn more
We are a small company with availability of specialized physicians, ultrasound technologists, paramedics, physicians assistants and nurse practitioners who are enthusiastic about introducing other healthcare providers to this exciting technology.Learn more
LET International educates medical professionals in all aspects of medical ultrasound including vascular, pediatrics, maternal-fetal, obstetrics/gynecology, point-of-care, and emergency trauma.Learn more
Maverick Medical Education
Maverick wields the latest technology and proven experiential learning techniques to turn our students into experts on regional nerve blocks and ultrasound applications at the point of care.Learn more
POCUS Education Provider Program Application Process & Standards for Acceptance
Each education provider must apply and then go through a rigorous, independent validation of quality assurance/standards prior to becoming a registered PEP. Interested organizations must meet a series of criteria which include:
- having trained a minimum of 100 individuals in point-of-care ultrasound
- having a lead and/or team of instructors that have previously volunteered for/engaged with the Point-of-Care Ultrasound Certification Academy™
- having earned American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography®, Alliance for Physician Certification & Advancement™ or Point-of-Care Certification Academy certificates/certifications associated with the courses they teach
- having at least three (3) years of experience scanning patients in a clinical environment
- a positive organizational reputation in the point-of-care ultrasound community
Benefits of Becoming a POCUS Education Provider
- Visibility for your organization and programs at POCUS.org with link to your site from PEP page
- Value added to your customers: 20% exclusive (non-cumulative) discounts for Point-of-Care Ultrasound Certification Academy assessments that you can transfer for your customer
- Global credibility for your organization and programs by leveraging Point-of-Care Ultrasound Certification Academy PEP seal and digital badging
- Brand awareness through public POCUS.org marketing opportunities including podcasts, webinars, blogs, e-Publications
- Help build global POCUS standards by leveraging the dynamic content outlines from the Point-of-Care Ultrasound Certification Academy
- Pride of being an affiliate of a nonprofit, mission-driven organization that works to advance global health as much as you do