During this event, Rawan Alsukairi, RDMS, will briefly introduce the audience to the stages of placenta previa and guide them through ultrasound to distinguish amnionicity from chorionicity of twins.
- Diagnose & evaluate placental implantation by ultrasound modality
- Understand the risk factors & outcomes of placenta previa
- Distinguish amnionicity from chronicity by ultrasound
- Know how to set up the worksheet for more than one fetus at the calc package in case of twin pregnancy
[btn text=”Give Your Feedback” url=”https://inteleos.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eCJGFOpoPwLzYj4″ color=”orange” size=”” ghost=”false” block=”true”]
Rawan Alsukairi is a registered ARDMS sonographer double boarded in Abdomen and OB/GYN specialties. Since 2016, she has been a member of SDMS. Rawan has made it this year to be within the nominated finalist competitors for the annual scientific presentation competition held by SDMS in her topic Intrauterine Growth Restriction. In 2017, She graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology RIT in Rochester, NY with a bachelor’s degree (double majors) in Biomedical Science and Diagnostic Medical Sonography with minor in Spanish Language. She traveled to Dominican Republic for her final research project titled “Call the Mid-wife.” Currently, she is working in the field as a sonographer and is assigned students and beginners under her name for teaching purposes. Rawan loves teaching and was a teaching assistant for Human Anatomy and Physiology lab as well as medical genetics. She is very eager dedicated sonographer who work currently aside from her job as a speaker educator. Rawan believes that the field of sonography is her whole life and she would love to continue persuading higher educations.
Get certified in POCUS for obstetrics with the POCUS OB/1st Trimester Certificate! Learn more.
- Learn more about twin pregnancy ultrasound evaluation and how to assess chorionicity and amnionicity.
- Submitted by The Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, The American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology published updated checklists for managing monochorionic twin pregnancies.
- Ultrasound monitoring protocols vary between different types of twin pregnancies. For an overview of twin pregnancy ultrasound evaluation and monitoring protocols, click here.
- Watch this video discussing the imaging features of common complications affecting monochorionic twin pregnancies.
Questions? Email POCUS@Inteleos.org