MissionPOCUS: Advancing Point-of-Care Ultrasound Application Where it Matters Most
Established in 2018, the POCUS Certification Academy is proud to host MissionPOCUS, our annual initiative to expand the reach of Point-of-Care Ultrasound to under-resourced areas around the world. Each year, our team partners with other healthcare providers in locations that exhibit need for POCUS technology, education and training, and certification MissionPOCUS also connects these providers to critical resources through financial and in-kind donations.
2020: MissionPOCUS (to be announced soon!)
2019: MissionPOCUS NYAGI
The Mission: Partner with NYAGI who envisions a world where all pregnant women have access to healthcare providers skilled in life-saving ultrasound diagnostics. https://www.nyagi.org/
- The team created a custom assessment and translated it into French to measure the proficiency of the trained clinicians in Haiti.
- MissionPOCUS donated 10 Apple iPads for the clinicians to administer POCUS trainings in Nepal.
- Learn more about MissionPOCUS Nyagi here.
2018: MissionPOCUS Haiti
Polyclinique Universitaire St Jean Baptiste in Pernier, Haiti https://www.facebook.com/
The Mission: Improve the health of Haitian citizens through training in the proper use of Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS).
- MissionPOCUS sent 3 team members to Haiti to administer a 24-hour hands-on training program.
- 3 ultrasound trainings were conducted as a result, educating 15 POCUS practitioners who scanned over 100 patients.
- iPads were donated to assist in the ongoing use of POCUS in Haiti.
- Learn more about MissionPOCUS Haiti here.
Help us define the future! We need your your insights to help us scientifically develop a list of the top 25 point-of-care ultrasound protocols and procedures used worldwide. We would so appreciate it if you would participate in our POCUS25 Survey today!