Physician Recruiting in the Great White North
January 24, 2020
“In the smaller communities in Northern British Columbia, they are absolutely reliant on POCUS- there is no CT, there is no MRI- you’d have to fly someone out for those modalities.”~ Daphne Savoy
Daphné Savoy is a Physician Recruiter in Northern British Columbia (Canada) – she is passionate about life in the North. Daphné lived in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, before moving to her current home in Fort St. John, British Columbia. In her free time, Daphné enjoys fishing, spending time in the wilderness, and dreaming about having her own team of sled dogs!
Looking for additional inspiration? Sign up for our POCUS Post™ newsletter to receive monthly tips and ideas.
- Review our blog for additional POCUS insights from the Canadian Association of Radiologists!
- Read Cambridge University’s statement on obstacles for POCUS implementation in rural Canada.
- This study gives an in-depth look at how POCUS benefits rural medical providers.
- Learn how POCUS is being used to improve maternal health care in remote communities in this global review.
- Click here to gain research-backed insight into how POCUS is assisting physicians in rural New Zealand.