Why a Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Education Provider™ program?
The Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Education Provider™ (PEP™) is a program born out of the need for quality, global education/continued learning in the field of point-of-care ultrasound. While the Point-of-Care Certification Academy™ specializes in evaluating and certifying POCUS skills, we strive to collaborate with others in the shared mission of improving global health through the use of handheld ultrasound. To this end, education is critical. Since most healthcare professionals interested in point-of-care ultrasound are seeking the proper education and training needed in order to successfully earn POCUS Certificates and Certifications, this is an initial step in the solution process.
- We anticipate limited spaces for additional organizations interested in being registered POCUS Education Providers. (See form below.)
- As the PEP program evolves, we would like to be able to offer a truly global list of PEPs in a variety of languages to meet the needs of all those interested in learning point-of-care ultrasound.
What is the POCUS Education Provider program?
The Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Education Provider program is a solution for medical professionals seeking quality, professional education and training in the fast-growing field of point-of-care ultrasound. POCUS Education Providers go through a vetting and approval process by the esteemed members of the Point-of-Care Ultrasound Certification Academy Committee. This is another way we strive to support the POCUS community and provide easy access to those interested in furthering their education in this life-changing technology.
Point-of-Care Ultrasound Certification Academy approved POCUS Education Providers will be provided with a seal identifying them as a registered program provider.
Registered POCUS Education Providers
What began eight years ago with a webcam, a canvas serving as a simple backdrop, and a passion for teaching echocardiography has evolved into the global No.1 platform for learning medical ultrasound and echocardiography.Learn more
7D Imaging offers highly effective tools for learning ultrasound...fast: hands-on personalized courses, unique interactive software, and a library of online resources to help you master ultrasound. CME included. Used by medical providers around the world.Learn more
Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute
Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute is the most comprehensive, accredited resource for live and online diagnostic ultrasound training and CME.Learn more
We are a small company with availability of specialized physicians, ultrasound technologists, paramedics, physicians assistants and nurse practitioners who are enthusiastic about introducing other healthcare providers to this exciting technology.Learn more
LET International educates medical professionals in all aspects of medical ultrasound including vascular, pediatrics, maternal-fetal, obstetrics/gynecology, point-of-care, and emergency trauma.Learn more
Maverick Medical Education
Maverick wields the latest technology and proven experiential learning techniques to turn our students into experts on regional nerve blocks and ultrasound applications at the point of care.Learn more
Sound Sports Imaging
SSi is a premier provider of focused, needs-based ultrasound education and training for healthcare professionals. SSi also provides tools for ultrasound curricular integration into medical professional educational programs.Learn more
Zedu Ultrasound Training Solutions
Zedu Ultrasound Training Solutions delivers Australia’s most extensive range of clinically relevant hands-on courses, coaching and consulting services. Zedu—delivering POCUS confidence and competence since 2007.Learn more
POCUS Education Provider Program Application Process & Standards for Acceptance
Each education provider must apply and then go through a rigorous, independent validation of quality assurance/standards prior to becoming a registered PEP. Interested organizations must meet a series of criteria which include:
- having trained a minimum of 100 individuals in point-of-care ultrasound
- having a lead and/or team of instructors that have previously volunteered for/engaged with the Point-of-Care Ultrasound Certification Academy™
- having earned American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography®, Alliance for Physician Certification & Advancement™ or Point-of-Care Certification Academy certificates/certifications associated with the courses they teach
- having at least three (3) years of experience scanning patients in a clinical environment
- a positive organizational reputation in the point-of-care ultrasound community
Benefits of Becoming a POCUS Education Provider
- Visibility for your organization and programs at POCUS.org with link to your site from PEP page
- Value added to your customers: 20% exclusive (non-cumulative) discounts for Point-of-Care Ultrasound Certification Academy assessments that you can transfer for your customer
- Global credibility for your organization and programs by leveraging Point-of-Care Ultrasound Certification Academy PEP seal and digital badging
- Brand awareness through public POCUS.org marketing opportunities including podcasts, webinars, blogs, e-Publications
- Help build global POCUS standards by leveraging the dynamic content outlines from the Point-of-Care Ultrasound Certification Academy
- Pride of being an affiliate of a nonprofit, mission-driven organization that works to advance global health as much as you do
Help us define the future! We need your your insights to help us scientifically develop a list of the top 25 point-of-care ultrasound protocols and procedures used worldwide. We would so appreciate it if you would participate in our POCUS25 Survey today!