CMEs and Career Advancement
All this talk about career development. How important is it really?
Think of it this way. We have ponds, and we have rivers. A pond is stagnant. Surrounded entirely by land, its waters have nowhere to go. It flows in a circular motion going around in a continual cycle where its waters remain.
Then we have our rivers that move into an open sea or ocean. The water collected by a river becomes a part of something bigger in a constant hydrological cycle of bringing water in and releasing it into a massive new home.
If given a choice, which would you prefer to be, standing water settling in one place or streaming water propelling towards vaster heights, making greater impact?
Let’s go out on a ledge and say a river, particularly as it pertains to our careers. With constant advancements in all disciplines, from agriculture to medicine, we cannot afford to be out of date and out of touch with changes in our fields. Those of us who want to remain at the top of our industry know that we need to be able to impart and execute on new information. Of course, this is done best when we are staying informed.
That is why we are thrilled to present our POCUS Fundamentals with Continuing Medical Education credits. Continuing Medical Education (CME)—also known as Continued Professional Development (CPD), Continuing Education Units (CEU), Continuing Education (CE), or Continuing Medical Education (CME)—ensures our learning is never ending. CME’s encourage lifelong learning after residency, reshaping and expanding our medical knowledge, skills, and attitudes.
The Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Certification Academy™ now provides 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ upon the successful completion of our POCUS Fundamentals Certificate program. This program trains and assesses healthcare providers on the core competencies of ultrasound. This offering allows us to assist in developing standards for handheld ultrasound while supporting medical professionals with their career development.
Here are 5 ways the POCUS Fundamentals with CMEs does so:
- While expanding upon your POCUS expertise, you are earning required CME credits that are accepted nationally and internationally. Refining your skills demonstrates your dedication to excellence in patient care.
- You can cultivate your knowledge base in POCUS Fundamental skills, giving you a new competitive edge that becomes a means to advance your career status.
- The opportunity to address real-world challenges and solutions that healthcare providers face daily are presented during the POCUS Fundamentals course.
- The POCUS Fundamentals Certificate documents the highest attainable standard in point-of-care ultrasound, validating your experience and expertise, while meeting your professional development requirements for CMEs.
- Most importantly, you maintain loyalty and dedication to self. You have allowed yourself room to grow and remain current, ensuring you are the best medical professional you can be!
In order to be the best, you must strive for the best. The POCUS Certification Academy is devoted to training practitioners in the best methods available. We know how important your time and earning CMEs are, which is why we have combined the best of both worlds—hopefully making one aspect of your life just a little bit easier.
The POCUS Fundamentals Certificate program is available online, 24 hours a day. You can work at your own pace to complete it the trainings and assessments, within 90 days of your registration. Upon certification, your career has advanced in more ways than one.
The very nature of what healthcare professionals do and whom we do it for pushes us into deeper waters of knowledge. Patient care is at the forefront of our work. In the ever-changing landscape of medicine, CMEs give us the room and permission to constantly improve our care techniques, while simultaneously tending to the advancement of our careers.
We want our community to be a river of professionals, flowing together in the shared mission of improving global health and setting the standards of excellence in POCUS. We want to see careers developed in healthcare for the good of all.
Choose to become the river and begin creating tsunami-size waves for your peers, your patients, and yourself. Here’s to making a career splash!
Looking for additional inspiration? Sign up for our POCUS Post™ newsletter to receive monthly tips and ideas.