Start Your POCUS Journey
Learn about the Certificates and Certifications
The Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Program is the only POCUS certificate and certification program endorsed by ARDMS® and APCA™. The affordable online assessments are available 24/7 from your own location and widely recognized for distinguishing skills and abilities in POCUS.
Clinical certificates and specialty certifications in point-of-care ultrasound enable healthcare professionals like you to demonstrate your clinical proficiency, pride in your profession, and your ongoing commitment to patient care and safety.
Get the POCUS Fundamentals Guide
Everything you need to get started learning about POCUS Certificates and Certifications.Download Your Guide
Earn Your POCUS Fundamentals Certificate
By completing your two-part POCUS Fundamentals Certificate, you’ll be eligible to earn either an Individual Clinical Certificate or a POCUS Specialty Certification.
The POCUS Fundamentals Certificate requirement is waived for clinicians who have passed the Sonography Principles & Instrumentation (SPI) examination within the last 5 (five) years, or who hold specific credentials offered by APCA or APCA’s companion council, ARDMS.
Earn a Clinical Certificate OR Specialty Certification
In order to complete your certificate(s) and certifications, you will need to earn one of these.
Individual Clinical Certificates
Individual clinical certificates assess your proficiency in a specific clinical area of point-of-care ultrasound (POCUS).
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Certificate 1*
- Abdominal Trauma Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Certificate 1*,2* and 3*
- Cardiac Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Certificate 1*
- Gastrointestinal Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Certificate
- Hepatobiliary/Spleen Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Certificate
- Lower Extremity Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Certificate 1*
- Lung Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Certificate 1* and 2*
- Musculoskeletal (MSK) Soft Tissue Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Certificate
- Obstetrics/First Trimester Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Certificate
- Renal/Genitourinary Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Certificate
2 Includes components of the Extended Focused Assessment with Sonography for Trauma (eFAST) protocol.
3 Includes components of the Focused Assessment with Sonography in Trauma (FAST) protocol.
Find out about POCUS clinical certificates pricing.
POCUS Specialty Certifications
POCUS Specialty Certifications are awarded once the candidate has successfully passed the Clinical Case Assessments for each clinical area identified as appropriate for that certification and has completed a Peer Evaluation.
The Emergency Medicine POCUS Certification is earned through assessment of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, Abdominal Trauma, Cardiac, Hepatobiliary/Spleen, Lower Extremity Deep Vein Thrombosis, Lung, and Obstetrics/First Trimester POCUS.
The POCUS Certification Academy will be developing additional Specialty Certifications. Find out about POCUS Specialty Certifications pricing.Get the Specialty Certifications Guide
In-Depth Guide to the POCUS Certification
Want to learn more about the POCUS Certification process? This guide is here to help you become a POCUS master.Read the POCUS Guide
Learn How to Prepare
Get a better understanding of how to prepare for your assessments, the POCUS Fundamentals outline/format, and how the peer evaluation works.Read How to Prepare